Saturday, September 4, 2010

7.16.10

We approach my house and round the bend of the street. She grips my hand tighter and pulls me in closer. She looks me directly in the eyes and says, "Who would have thought that a miserable night at a straight bar would lead me to you?" My heart flutters out of my chest and through my fingertips. I run my fingers through her hair and pull her in close to me. I think, what if Jon had not tried to woo her that night? I would never have met her. We do not run in the same circles or crowds and lord knows I would never approach someone as magnificent as her myself. That night I was at Good Luck with Caroline, already smashed at 945pm, after a long day of work and school. Out of the blue, I received a text from Jon, "Faeez, there's this girl I met at the Pig you have to meet." I laughed thinking, there is no way I am meeting some bar girl. But Jon was persistent. "You need to meet this girl Faeez, I'm telling you she's a catch. Here, she's giving you her number. Text her." I responded, "Ok," still thinking nothing of it. I had no expectations or desire to start anything at all. But, for some reason, I texted her anyway just out of curiosity.

In the next week my life was changed forever.

My heart is filled with its missing piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment