Wednesday, November 3, 2010

butterflies of a different order

I fall asleep holding Pearl. She is warm and soft and calm. I'm worried about ghosts. You have gone out for drinks and I desperately want you beside me but I also know that it is hard for you to be still. I know it is too early for you to rest. I want to be with you always but if I don't sleep now I will wake up fogged with sleep and delirious. I always tire at 1030 these days. The day washes over me and before I know it, the night has come and the dawn peeks its head around the corner. I breathe in. I close my eyes and wonder whether the noises I hear are ghosts. You left with Summer about an hour ago and it can't be the two of you I hear. I am so tired that these thoughts loop around and crash into stillness. I close my eyes wondering whether there are ghosts watching me. Sleep swiftly overtakes me in a way where nothing else matters. I let it drown me. I wake up with your whisper in my ear.

"Baby...Faeez...Baby..You told me to wake you up when I came back." I hear this and turn. I think I am imagining you.

"Baby.." I open my eyes. My mind is still sleeping. Your lips fill mine and I kiss back. I think I am imagining you. You grab my arm and I wrap it around you and pull you into me. The smell of sugary smoke coats my synapses. I smile.

I wake up and find myself wrapped up in you. I bring my hand inside your tshirt and graze it across your back. You sigh, softly, almost inaudibly. I move across your back, stroking your shoulders, massaging out the knots. You moan. Your eyes are closed and your lips find mine. I ask you for 23 kisses to take as surplus for the rest of the day. You give me 46. "I get butterflies when you touch me." And just like that I don't want to go to school and I don't want to go to class. I want to lay in bed with you and grow old.

You're still as enchanting as the day I met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment