Wednesday, March 30, 2011

some changes

I had to change the address and name of my blog. For those of you who noticed, thanks for reading. I appreciate you for caring about what I have to say.

My mom stumbled upon my blog via facebook, read some of the entries listed and became ferociously angry. Angry in ways that I could not argue against. She discovered a part of myself which I have, irrationally attempted to cover and veil from her eyes. On multiple occasions, when questioned I have flat out lied about myself to prevent her from getting hurt. She knows I am gay, that I have a girlfriend that I adore and love. She does not wish to see it, or understand what this relationship means to me, and more specifically, what being in a relationship entails. My mother felt betrayed due to my however well intentioned, lies. I lost her trust. "I trusted you and you proved everyone else right."

Mom, I love you. I would never ever try to hurt you. You did not make any mistakes. Being gay is not a choice or a behavior. It is an integral part of who I am. My choice is to always love you and our family. I hope and pray with all my being that I can help you see that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment