I should not have kissed you then. I should have held my ground. I should have remembered.
I am in your room looking at myself in your mirror wondering why I am still here. You are changing into your pajamas, I am struggling to avoid looking at you. Your eyes twinkle as you look at me through the mirror. Our eyes lock in a soft stare. "You look very handsome tonight." I close my eyes and forget how you have been. My lips part and find yours waiting. Our clothes are discarded and the night is no longer my own. I forget how mad I am or why. I wake up wrapped in your limbs, confused once again. It's funny how quickly I forget why we aren't. I leave in a rush, groggy and rum addled, forgetting my bra and t shirt. That's the last I see of them. That's the last time you want me.
I wonder if it is the last time I want you.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment