Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The First Three Bites

I would put this in my likes/dislikes entry but it seems to require a more special and concentrated attention. The first three bites of cheesecake, really good yogurt, ice cream, come to think of it, any confection, are the most wonderful and delirious moments. My tongue and body thank me in ways I probably don't need to be thanked. I can't imagine my world without that food and in those three bites I can imagine myself polishing off entire mountains of whatever it is I'm eating. But then, come the fourth bite, I start to feel queasy and my stomach starts to protest and all of a sudden, the delirium of those first three bites is lost for the duration of my slice, piece, meal etc. Trying to ask that feeling to return only results in disappointment and ultimately an upset stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment