Friday, March 5, 2010

rhythms

The rhythm of break has already set in and it has barely begun. As is usual for me during breaks, I awoke this morning without an alarm at an hour that on normal days seems to come too early. Without any real reason to be awake, I find myself wanting to wake up. The large expanse of a day not cluttered with classes and meetings and work is refreshing beyond measure. This freedom seems infantile and simple but it is everything. I feel as if something heavy, and cumbersome has been lifted from my shoulders and set aside. I can still see it and sometimes, it tries to reattach itself to my neck but its attempts are futile. Without the deadlines and worries of a normal day it has a hard time breathing and can hardly make a sound. At least for this week, it is tucked safely away in the corner, defeated, unable to reign over my days in meticulous succession.

No comments:

Post a Comment