Sunday, December 27, 2009

lost/found

Sometimes I get so lost in seeking what I think is missing in my life only to discover that I have, in turn missed out on many things that I do have. Even knowing this doesn't stop this process from happening. I come to this thought from a conversation I had last night with some dear friends about one of my favorite quotes of all time:

Whatever it is you are seeking, won't come in the form you are expecting.
-Haruki Murakami

I think it's nice to think that I don't have to be in control and that I don't have to make it work. That somehow, it will work even if I cannot understand why. Not knowing why is magical. It nourishes parts of myself that wither away when given hard, straight edged answers. I consider this quote to be a truth. I feel sure of it in the way I feel sure of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment