black kites
1997-2007 Graphite on Skull
"When I did ‘Black Kites,’ I was interested in how we perceive volume, how we perceive tri-dimensionality. I am interested in the pattern in the grid and how we perceive truth, always through filters of light, darkness, or many other things. It’s not a pure vision; it’s always there in layers- cultural and physical layers. I was just trying to impose a homogeneous pattern on a very complex tri-dimensional object- a human cranium."
- Gabriel Orozco
This work is beautiful and haunting and pristine.
I am unable to get his images on here but he is on pbs's art 21 website. I have linked the title to that website.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
also this work is just everything I am incapable of doing and so I admire it. It is concise, brief, but still so rich with meaning.
ReplyDelete