Monday, September 21, 2009

cousin zuber

Yesterday i was celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr with my family at my cousins house. They live about 5 minutes from my family's house in Pittsford. When we arrived, roughly around 130pm or so, my cousin Umer was playing a video game. This video game featured women along with men being involved in combat. Zuber, my other cousin walked into the room saw that there were women in the game and proclaimed, "Umer, you need to put this game away because it has women in it." I was flabbergasted and mostly enfuriated. As per usual I could not keep my mouth shut. I asked him, "What's wrong with women Zuber? I happen to be a woman." His response further enfuriated me, "I do not have any issues with women, its just the way they are dressed in that game. I think the day after we have spent a month fasting we should not look at women like that." If I had not somehow regained control of my body (and mostly my tongue), I really might have had an epic flip out session right then and there. But, I remembered that usually my flip out sessions don't end well and so, I managed a laugh and went on my merry way to celebrate the month of fasting without viewing inappropriately dressed women.

Well Zuber, I do have an issue with your ignorant response to my question:

1. Having an issue with the way women are dressed is having an issue with women.
2. Who gives you (a man I might add) the authority to decide how a woman should dress?
3. Fuck you.
4. I don't like your beard. It makes me feel unholy. I can't look at it and celebrate my month of fasting. Change it please. Thanks.
5. I am just getting so worked up right now I can't even think straight. I'm gonna have to take a break from this topic.

1 comment: