Sunday, September 27, 2009
seasons
Sometimes I see someone and I am immediately transported to another season. Some people seem plucked out of winter, and I can sense this even if it is the summer when I see them. There is just something about them that makes me feel winter. Other people channel summer , or spring, or fall. Not everyone channels a season though. Only some people. Summer people make me feel free and for lack of a better word, bubbly. Winter people are comfortable, I feel like I can settle down and be calm around them. I haven't met too many people that make me feel like spring. This might be partly because spring is almost nonexistent in rochester and I don't understand what it is, or simply that spring people are hard to come by. Fall people make me think and often times wear hunter green. I feel like I am writing a horoscope here. I find it interesting that people can make feel like I am in a different state of being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Am I a season? I'm curious....to know the answer & by the idea in general.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about this since this morning when you asked and I think you are a late, late summer/ or early fall. There is something deeper and more engaged in that transition that I think rings true with who I think you are. You seem to be comfortable with the things that come your way and this kind of attitude speaks to me of autumn for some reason. It might be because fall is so calm, but so much is going on during that time-the world is transitioning into a new skin, a new way of being for a couple of months. But somehow that transition is relatively calm and beautiful. You remind me of that.
ReplyDelete